Pericles Hoursoglou, "EYES OF NIGHT"
Chronis: 45 years old, truck driver. He likes taking off. Traveling alone.
Eleftheria: She needs a man, she needs to love and be loved, to have a child. She is 37 years old, will she make it?
Vallia: She wants to leave the small town she lives in and come to Athens.
Three characters whose paths cross. They are not "in". They are featured in none of the glossy life-style magazines. They don't have a perfect body, they don't make love on the first day they meet someone and more often than not when they are naked they turn off the light. Weak people who "boil" inside. They love, betray, are betrayed. They want something, want it a lot, but something different is what they truly need. They need love. The common denominator, their loneliness. Yet one of these characters, Eleftheria, will break the shell of her tiny ego. Even if she goes about it the wrong way, in the end she proves generous.
INTERNATIONAL AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- The film was awarded the following prizes at the 44rd International Film Festival of Thessaloniki:
- Third Prize for fiction feature film
- Best Leading Actress award (Vangelio Andreadaki)
- Best Supporting Actress award (Ekavi Douma)
- Montreal World Film Festival, Canada, 2004
- San Francisco 2nd Annual Greek Film Festival, USA, 2005, screening
- Greek Film Week, Sao Paolo, 2007, screening
- New York City Greek Film Festival, USA, 2008, screening
|Directed by||Pericles Hoursoglou|
|Sets / Costumes||Anastasia Arseni|
|Sound Recording||Nikos Papadimitriou|
|Cast||Vangelio Andreadaki, Giannis Karatzogiannis, Ekavi Douma|
|Production Manager||Costas Kephalas|
|Production||CL Productions, Greek Film Centre, Pericles Hoursoglou|
|Theater Release||January 23, 2004|
|2003, 35mm, color, 98', Dolby Digital|